Thursday, November 19, 2015

Racaire's PCS

So, I asked for a scroll from Drachenwald which I still do from time to time.  I was given the PCS for Racaire.  Now, Racaire I know by reputation alone, as does most of the known world because of her phenomenal emboridery and costuming pieces. 

I knew it had to be fancy, and different.  So I chose a piece out of the Kleinodienbuch der Herzogin Anna von Bayern or for everyone else the Jewel Book of the Duchess Anna of Bavaria. The manuscript is an inventory of the jewelry owned by the duke and his wife, Duchess Anna, a member of the Habsburg dynasty and a daughter of Emperor Ferdinand I. It was commissioned in 1552 and I use it often.

In order to make it interesting, I painted in several embroidery stitches around the edges of things andI cut the badge from the scroll.  Then, in period fashion I stitched in the badge of the PCS.  Something I'd never tried before.


No comments:

Post a Comment