Sunday, October 14, 2012

Tudor Fun

So this particular scroll was for the wonderful Insulae Draconis.  I sorta like the Principality awards, mostly because they're new and different and I generally get to play about like a schoolchild when I do them.  This one was particularly fun.  I don't think i have ever painted so many shields with arms upon them.  In order:  Drachenwald, Insulae Draconis, Harpelstane, Ffraid and then space was left for the Arms of the Recipient. 


 The source was mostly from the University of Oxford, MS Top Glouc D 2 Folio 15 Recto.  It was delightful to find that when I couldn't find the source agin using google fu, that it was convieniently blazoned across the top of the images.   I used the other image for some of the background imagery.



No comments:

Post a Comment